Venetian mirrors inside Coco Chanel's home
Original Louis Philippe mirror
Use A Mirror To:
- reflect light from a window or chandelier throughout a room
- reflect an outdoor view
- visually expand a space (the reflection doubles the expanse/space)
- basic function – to check hair/makeup before leaving the house
- to introduce a different shape or texture
- to reinforce a style with the frame shape
- to create a focal point in an otherwise featureless room
Of all the features and benefits the mirror provides, I must say that the light, space and airiness it brings to a room is what I enjoy most. Interior decorators say that a mirror should reflect a wonderful view. I agree. Mirrors look best in places where they can reflect light from a window, or where they are adjacent to a window so that you see "outside" in them...trees, the sky...you get the point. So, if you have a small space or would like to kick it up a notch in your home consider adding a mirror. You'll be surprised at how this simple addition can transform and liven up a room.
Here are some great mirror photos for inspiration, enjoy!
|Picture from decor magazine|
Antique french mirror - origin unknown
Gorgeous mirror with column detail - origin unknown
Drift wood mirror